Saturday, March 20, 2010

March Madness indeed!

I adore basketball season! It starts with the All-Star weekend around mid-February.
But when I introduced March Madness (TAKS style) with my kiddos, I created a bracket and had them choose their own "teams" of peers whom they wanted to compete with. I gave 2 weeks worth of review to prepare them for the Math TAKS coming up in April. As time whaned before Spring Break, I saw unlikely "teams" of students come from behind and gain more points than my "A students". It tickled me b/c I immediately began to reminisce on how "upsetting" March Madness can be for those #1 -3 seeded teams.
These no-name teams AKA the "underdogs" will likely come from behind and upset the top seeds...totally messing up people's brackets and upsetting teams & fans all over the nation!
But as for basketball, this year, already Kansas (seeded 1), Kentucky (seeded 2) and Villanova (another 2seed team) have been knocked out the bracket by a much lower seeded team. Baylor Bears seeded 3 has made it to the Sweet 16! Its' a bit nerve wrecking and exciting at the same time. I'm crossing my fingers b/c our next opponent is St. Mary's and don't they sound JUST like an underdog? Well, we'll just see if them Baylor Bears can pull it off!
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh.........SIC'EM BEARS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment