Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I AM my hair

Not to take away from India Arie's song "I am not my hair", but my hair symbolizes much of who I am within. It by no means defines who I am, but I have found it to be a compliment to my personality.
As you'll see in the pictures, I've rocked the long look, short look, kinky twists (weave) and my most current state...the natural look.
Through each decision, i've been faced with that glaring question "what will I look like if...?". And with each selection, I've had my good hair days where sistahs spit "giiiiiirrl who did your hair?" and bruthas take that backwards glance. And I've had those days where I'm glad I have a plethora of hats to flaunt behind.
My long look identifies with the side of me that is creative and extends its strength to others. My short look exemplifies that ability to be concise and be an effective leader. My weave-able braid moments bring out that in me which connects to others in profitable relationships. And my natural (ahhhh my natural) personifies my curly personality, strong sense of inner beauty and healthy locks of love.
Yes, I AM my hair and no matter how I decide to "rock my do'u"or "split my wig", I WILL do me and you'll just get to know the many facets that ARE me.
Lovely Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment