Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Freeport...Bahamas? NO! Texas

That's right...let me tell you how this day came about. I was watching my kids at recess last week when my co-worker who LOVES to fish encouraged me to go with my hopes of enjoying nature by visiting Freeport. Being that I vacationed to Freeport, Bahamas last year, I thought he was CRAZY! It was quickly brought to my attention that not only was there a Freeport, TX but also the beach there was MUCH better than Galveston. Being that Galveston & Corpus Christi were the only beaches I was aware of up to that moment, I decided...why not! I immediately texted my ex-roomie, Candace to see if she'd be down. So today, I layed in bed watching Golden Girls (as is my morning routine) until my road dawg arrived. Having shaved, and dawned my new gear, we packed the car with somer sausag, cheese, crackers, fruit, snicker doodle cookies (which i LOVE) and wine coolers...we set out on our brief 90 minute journey to Surfside beach in Freeport, Tx. It was amazing (well in TX beach language lol). We literally drove off the freeway and onto the beach. *I'm oober excited about my annual beach decal that allows me to park on the beach for FREE up until December 2010. So you KNOW we going back right? Lol. Anywho, we parked right up next to the water and unpacked our towels, cooler and chairs and blasted the ipod from the car as we pigged out! 3 hours and 15 pictures later, we were mildly tanned and bug-ged out! Darn near caught pnemonia with the breezes that kept blasting through everytime the sun hid behind the clouds. Nevertheless our journey was SO worth it & we can't wait to return with more friends for MORE FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment