Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Are we there yet?


As a teacher, I remember having various groups of students that were entrusted to me from August to May. Sometimes these groups were highly gifted, sometimes they came with colossal academic gaps and extreme social deficiencies. And strangely enough, sometimes they included an awkward combination of the two.



I attended trainings that taught me what the expected outcome for my students was (regardless of their situation) and how much I was accountable for making sure those students reached (and even exceeded) those expectations.

As a degreed professional, although I was given various resources to work with, it was my task to develop a plan as to HOW I would accomplish this feat on a daily basis. What environment would I create? What motivation tactics would I use? What amount of energy and passion would go behind my efforts?  All of these factors rested on me as the district and state anticipated the 'miracle' I would perform to ensure my students met the annual expectations.

Lately I've been consumed with the "how's" and "why's" of God's plan for my life. Almost to the point of distraction, frustration and even close to anger because I can't "see" what He's doing. Like an anxious child in the back seat on a road trip, I'm sure (if it was possible) I've annoyed Him with all of my questions,

"Daddy, why?"
"But how?"
"When will we get there?"

But like the patient Father that He is, He's continually & lovingly told me to "have several seats"! (laughing). He has an expected end for His children. One of predicted victory over trials, great expected outcomes and conquering of fears! And if this isn't news enough, He has a track record and history of un-defeat! He's not only reached His expected outcomes, He's been known to exceed them!
 
Sometimes I pray for something that's in accordance with His will, and He uses the most unseen, unexpected paths to make sure He accomplishes 'good' in my situation. How he gets his children (whether we are meek and frail or scarred and seasoned) to these expected victorious outcomes, is HIS favorite part! As a skillful architect, a patient potter, a meticulous sculptor, He uses His abundant resources, His exceedingly high thoughts and miraculous ways to accomplish His feats in our daily lives. The environment He creates may NOT be what we deem suitable, His tactics may not make a lick of sense to us, but the amount of energy and passion that He expends on our behalf goes far beyond our wildest imagination as He effortlessly turns our hopeless situations into ornamental masterpieces for His glory!

Oh to 'stand still and see the salvation of the Lord'. He stands eagerly awaiting for us to cast our fears upon Him, leaving all the factors to Him, so while flexing His strength, we may rest in Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment