Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Bio-illogical Clock

A year ago, I had fibroid removal surgery (just non-cancerous growths on my internal lady parts). It was quite the experience, emotional, physically and spiritually.

Emotionally: My biological clock was booming in my ears! It didn't help that my sexy, African American OBGYN was questioning why a pretty gal like me wasn't married yet. His line of questioning had me wondering if HE was available for the baby making process! Ya know!? LOL (low-key kidding) But seriously, I wasn't getting any younger and even when I went to get a 2nd opinion, my much older, very foreign-accented doctor found a way to clearly articulate that I needed to hurry and pick a man to have a baby with.

Physically: I'll spare you the grimy details, but in short, there was a lot of pain, a huge belly and one very specific woman in a New Testament story that I could have identified with a bit. From that, it was imperative that if I wanted to conceive anytime soon, those watermelon sized fibroid needed to be removed for the safety of that process.

Here's the catch! My doctors conveyed to me that the fibroids could return in as little as 2 years and that I needed to plan to get pregnant within that window ..."or else".

Spiritually: Bear with me as I connect the two.

Plan A: My own bio-LOGICAL plan- Get married (whenever God sends a suitor), conceive and viola...my life is set!

Plan B: Take my Doctor's advice- rush my plan along by considering a rush order on plan A.

Outlandish Plan C: Considering that in 1990 I gave my life to the Lord, fuel my growing desire to trust Him with the details and plans of my life.

Which door do I choose? Plan A, B or ...and I do mean OR... wait on the Lord. But do I really have time to wait? I mean according to plan B's advice?

Genesis 16 is an account of a man and woman who did just that. Chose their own plan over God's and although God saw fit to make provision within that, there were some repercussions from their decision. It was very obvious what was expected of me...to wait and trust God's plan for my life.


Did I get the surgery? Yes!
But if God doesn't allow me to conceive within 2 years, that's His business...not my queue to jump in the driver's seat and take the wheel. Because ponder this: I can decide to get married, attempt to conceive, and He STILL (Sovereignly) decide that fibroids or no fibroids...He doesn't will that I have children that way.

Ultimately its His temple that I manage and He desires we yield to His plan...for it is far better than ones we could ever dream up or chase after!

Be encouraged friend, "wait, I say, on the Lord..."

No comments:

Post a Comment