Tuesday, March 25, 2014

My life's a Wreck

Summer 2008. Driving East on I-10 towards Discovery green park. I remember it well, I took the 59 South exit in preparation to exit downtown, when I heard a noise resembling a quick bang. Shrugging off the noise, I stayed steady at 60mph for another 2 miles when I felt my car suddenly turn on its own and before I knew it I had lost control of the wheel.


From left to right I swerved as I hit the guard rail on the side of the freeway, spinning me back towards the middle of the highway where I frantically saw oncoming traffic (including an 18-wheeler) heading for my door. Fearing for both my life and that of the young lady in my passenger seat, I closed my eyes and threw my hands up as a defensive reaction for what was about to come.

Seconds later, not understanding why I was still alive, I opened my eyes to notice that the cars had somehow missed hitting me and (long story short) we were able to safely exit my vehicle (in the middle of rush hour traffic) and for the next hour, we waited roadside, for assistance, and watched my car burst into flames until it was 90% totaled. {below you see the new ride that came as a result of my loss}


In short, my life was spared that day and for the next few days all I could think was that there must be a reason for me being here because my time hadn't expired yet. I had always heard I have purpose, and though at the time, I didn't know what that purpose was, I realized just how true that statement was.

The sparing of life indicates purpose!

...While we were yet [too prideful to admit our need for God; not seeking Him; more interested in the things that bring us pleasure, headed for a wreck], Christ died [in efforts to spare our lives].
*Romans 5:8 paraphrased

You may not have had a life changing or threatening experience but the fact that your life is daily being spared is vital to your purpose here. If you have trusted Christ as your Savior, your life has been spared. God divinely intersected a fatal crash your life was en route towards and safely set you to the side in efforts to prepare you for the new life He desires you to live as a result of the loss of your (old) life.

God wrecked my life, to spare it. In that He gave me purpose!

Pray to find your purpose, then pursue it fervently!

No comments:

Post a Comment