Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Objection!...Over-Ruled!


The current Zimmerman trial has gripped and seized the attention of many Americans for the past few weeks. Many of these watchers are connected through social media, freely commenting and somehow submitting their own analysis of the situation:

Is Zimmerman to be believed as having been the agressor and therefore it unlawful to deem him as simply acting in self-defense?

Or did young Martin place Zimmerman in a position to where he had no other choice than to act in self-defense?

As I join in the roar that mimics "Convict him!", I can't help but identify with those who cried "Crucify Him" on the evening Jesus was falsely accused by those who ignorantly blurted their accusations but knew not enough information to make such a claim!

I'm not, in the least saying Zimmerman is being falsely accused; what I AM saying, however, is how ignorant of me to assume Zimmerman doesn't deserve to be 'innocent until proven guilty' like any other citizen with rights.

When I think of the wrongdoings that have ensued because of my sin-nature, the verdict I deserve is as obvious as I believe Zimmerman's should be. With every bit of evidence the prosecution can enter against me, and every credible witness that could attest to my behaviors; no objection by my defense attorney could go over-ruled! My wrongdoing may not lead me to serve a prison sentence, but if I believe that somehow this renders me in less need of grace or saving, then I'm sorely mistaken!

I don't feel sorry for Zimmerman but nor do I know what his intentions were or what happened on that tragic night. What I do know is that because my representation is Jesus Christ and His blood covers my guilty status; God as my Righteous Judge counts His Son's blood upon every objection and proclaims "Over-Ruled" each and every time!

This acquittal leaves me humbled and in a position to offer grace and forgiveness to others, while leaving justice to the ONLY One who can properly judge!

I do hope the system does it's best to consider and rule in the favor of justice, in this situation; yet I leave true JUSTICE to Him who is able to Righteously Rule as is proven in the case of Kim v Eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment