Sunday, August 14, 2011

Feed one, Starve the other..

Ever see those starving children in foreign countries exploited on TV? Bones showing, skin frail, weak, hungry, desperate, sickly, susceptible. All because of malnourishment. Its a sad reality. Now flip the script: Ever see those figures who pose at Fitness Competitions? Muscle in hidden places, flexing without trying, ripped from head to toe, strong, well fed, poised, under control. All because of training and eating healthy. Imagine having both of those figures (the helpless starving child and the fitness buff) living inside of you. Well you do! One is called your spirit man and the other is your flesh. Reality is, one is surely stronger than the other. How did it get that way you ask? Because while we are busy feeding, training and giving disciplined attention to one, the other is sitting by helplessly starving and becoming susceptible to malnutrition. This sad reality gripped me as I took survey of my own life. My actions, thoughts, words and attitudes reminder to me of which "man" in me is being fed and which is starving. Either my flesh is becoming a glutton for the unhealthy things I watch, listen to and repetitiously behaviors thus revealing a toned and buff figure who struggles to say "no" to unhealthy desires OR my spirit is being given constant and daily nourishment through scripture reading, devos, podcasts, prayer, discipline and fasting (starving my flesh man) and thus yielding a godly woman who wants what God wants and hates what God hates! I must say I find myself back at the drawing board often because I want so bad for my Spirit man to be buff and my flesh to be frail...but if I dont feed the one AND starve the other, my demise is soon to follow! #truth

1 comment:

  1. i love your analogy sis to the physical body. you are my role model....stay focused and you will out of all people will achieve what you strongly want.

    ReplyDelete