Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Internship Web Conference

The web conference was so informative for me. There are many aspects of the Lamar course page that I have not navigated yet and by participating in the web conference I was able to become abreast to the following information. I learned that I need to select a site mentor. I'm excited about this process because from my intense immersion into technology since i've been at the school I'm currently at, I have met some amazing colleagues within the district that are well versed in Educational Technology and so I look forward to asking each one of them to consider being my Site mentor. I found out some minor details about the Internship in and of itself. Things such as the amount of field activities and course embedded activity hours I need to acrue. I'm still not comfortable with this information yet, but I look forward to reading the Internship handbook in detail to learn more. However, it does have me thinking about what conferences, inservices and other activities I can become involved in for the future. Finally, I had a chance to learn about a textbook I must order soon. I will be browsing the textbook suggestions soon and making my order. In all, it was interesting observing the web conference as it was my very first. I do not quite have the web cam part set up so no one was able to see my picture, so I just typed my responses and listened to the instructor give me information as I took notes.

No comments:

Post a Comment