Monday, January 23, 2012

To be...TAKEN


"I will look for you, I WILL find you, and I will kill you!"

This breath-taking line was quoted by actor, Liam Neeson in the action-thriller "Taken". In short, a CIA agent overhears his daughter being kidnapped by Albanian Mafia to be sold into the international lucrative business of sex trafficking. After briefly threatening to pursue and destroy these strangers, he travels across seas, annihilates every barrier that tries to stand between him and his daughters' abductors and finally rescues her before her demise.

In the moment when he rescues her, she whimpers "You came for me?" and he replies, "I told you I would!" What an amazing illustration of an age old story that rings in eternity. God has a history (dating back to Israel and the Old Testament) of rescuing HIS people from prostitution and slavery and slaying his foes in His relentless effort to demonstrate His unfailing jealous love for her.

You may not know it, but we too are HIS. Upon being led away by our own desires, we are abducted and turned over to the cravings of our flesh, prostituted to our natural behaviors that reak in the nostrils of our Holy Father. Yet he promises to crush our enemy's head as he aggressively pursues us and restore us to His Love. And doubtedly we may wonder, "You would come for ME?" He would reassuringly respond, "I told you I would!" ~Galatians 1:4

No comments:

Post a Comment