Saturday, December 31, 2011

Our Manure-His Fertilizer!

Trash, much like manure is universally viewed in a negative connotation. The aroma and the site of it seems to evoke the most grotesque of feelings. As we would all agree, "trash needs to be taken out" and is NOT an appealing thing to revisit. From other perspectives, however, trash and manure are both positive and necessary components for life! Eh? How is that? How can something so vile be considered as good? The burning of trash emitts and provides for alternative forms of energy (biofuels); recycling of trash takes a once waisted material and makes it reusable and of course manure (treated of course) in enriched with nutrients and organic materials that serve to enhance fertilizers. Its safe to say that these negatively viewed products can be transformed and useful for growth byproducts and promoting life in other areas! Our pasts (filled with its mistakes, years of waisted wandering, chasing after futile desires) can often be viewed in a negative light as well. When I look back on years I waisted foolishly engaged in what I thought would satisfy me, I cringe at how blind and numb I was. I shake my head in efforts to relieve my emotional regret and linger on thoughts of wishing I would have done and known better. To me, my past is like trash and manure; putrid in smell and embarrasing to revisit. But when scrutinized from other angles and after meditating on the by product of it all, I see the how what I deem worthy to be "taken out" is actually a transformational product. How can running from God and knowingly rejecting His love by prostituting myself to my own lusts be positive? Because He used it to bring me closer to Him. To show me that if I wanted to search other avenues of love--I was free to do so by choice. But as I've read and memorized, I will come to understand and experience that those 'loves' pale in comparison to His. As I push Him security and protection aside and seek for success in my own strengths--He sits by lovingly waiting for me to come to the end of a rope that promised fulfillment but whose satisfaction could not pay off. And there He was offering me true fulfillment and satisfaction in His manner. He patiently awaits our return, and proudly uses the nutrients of our adultery to enhance the quality of our lives by proving Who He is and what we are without Him. All this transformation and recycling occurs without condemnation as He relentlessly pursues us, unbeknownst to us! Our past is, in essence, a biofuel reusable for His Glory! NONE of it is a waist!

No comments:

Post a Comment