Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The Grass is...oops I mean the Snow is always Whiter...

Ever heard that phrase:
"The grass is always greener on the other side"
Well with our upcoming "frost", many (including myself) are anticipating some snow. What comes with snow in Houston?...ICE! Yes...I would even welcome the ice if it meant we could stay in bed and not have a work/school day. I mean "think about the kids" they shouldn't have to ride the bus on those icy streets...something could happen to them. Now we wouldn't want that would we? And lets say they get trapped at school and their parents come retrieve them. Which is why I suggest we just stay home! Hey it makes for a 3 day weekend (possibly 4) and much time to cuddle (although I only have my pillows to cuddle with).
But lets say we DO postpone (shutdown) school for 1-2 days. There's always that evil word no one likes to hear: "Inclement Weather Make-up Days" BOOOOOO!!! YUCK!! No one wants EXTRA days (that were supposed to be off-days) in school when the sun is out and all you can think about is "if it wasn't for those stupid snow/ice days we'd be sitting at home today with no kids".
So which side is greener...oops I mean "whiter"? Taking the days NOW or LATER? Hmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment