Monday, July 12, 2010

How Educational Leaders might use blogs...

Blogging opens up a world of literature for Educational Leaders and their students. I envision educators using blogs to encourage their students to dissect and inspect, even adding their own opinions to either a lecture or a text of study. I see students having the avenue to confer with and comment on their peers' opinions and educators using this tool to conclude their lesson as such. *I'm updating this post because I attended a PD today involving blogs and wikis and found more ways that blogs could be used for educational purposes.
  • They are ways I (as a teacher) can post project suggestions and allow my students to comment on them.
  • It provides an oppotunity for students to learn and practice good skills in paragraphing, citing sources, explaining order of events, discussing cause and effect, etc.
  • It gives a voice to students who may be too shy to speak out in class.

No comments:

Post a Comment